What is ISO14001:2015?
ISO14001 is the certification of a fully implemented and maintained Environmental Management system. In some industries it is a requirement to hold this certification in order to be able to tender for work or to be considered as part of the supply chain to major organisations.
With Climate Change and environmental responsibility being a key subject in our ever changing society. As a business, what can you do to reduce the impact your business has on the environment?
Implementing an Environmental Management system certified to the Internationally recognised business standard ISO14001 will certainly make you stand out from your competitors whilst also opening up new opportunities to work as supply chain
An Environmental Management System will enable you to:
- Identify the aspects of your business that impact on the environment
- Ensure you are fully aware of all your legal responsibilities and are compliant
- Focus on Continual improvement to reduce your impact
- Demonstrates to your clients that you are a responsible and sustainable business
What it covers:
- Context of the organisation
- Performance Evaluation
You will notice that the areas of the standard above mirror those of the ISO9001 standard – when the standards were revised in 2015 the two standards were brought in-line so that the clauses were the same. This aids understanding when one standard is held and further standards are added.
If you would like to learn more about setting up an EMS for your business talk to us